Tuesday 6 October 2015

THE CAKE AND BAKE SHOW EXCEL LONDON 2015



Hi Everyone.


I was at the Cake and Bake Show on Friday the 2nd October at the Excel on the first day of the show.
I quite enjoyed myself,there was a trickling of vistors at first but as the day wore on the vistor numbers grew.

I have only ever been to Cake International and started to compare but in my opinion they are not in the same category really.Cake International focuses more on Cakes and cake decorating while the cake and bake show is an all rounder,both cakes and bakes as the name implies.

Cake decorators and cake decorating suppliers were there,Dr Oetker was there in a big way so was the Cake Decorating company which also had mini cake decorating classes,

There was a baking classroom and a decorating and finishing classroom.

I bought 2 decorating demonstration classes.The first was Natasha of Nevie Pie cakes,which was on cake painting,it has given me a hunger for a full class with her.








She gave a lot of pointers and tips on the topic which were useful to me.

I also booked a class by  Rosie Cake Diva because I have her Craftsy class and wanted to see her in the flesh.

It was an interesting class and she compressed a lot of information into thirty minutes.







DesignerArt cakes were there with Marcia the owner doing demos .



Dawn Butler of Cakeframe and Dinkydoodle fame was there with Cakeframe.She was really nice,Cakeframe is a really innovative concept I admire her for coming up with something so fantastic.


Emelia Jackson Masterchef Australia 2014 finalist was there with her fabulous designer cakes.
I just love her style and she was  really lovely.






Cakemasters was there as media partner of the show.


The Cake decorating company mini classes



The cakes on display were lovely

































All in all it was a lovely show.one of the advantages of living in the UK.There are so many shows and exhibitions every year and it makes cake decorating so much fun and very satisfying .

Looking forward to the BBC Good Food Cakes and Bakes Show and Cake International.


No comments:

Post a Comment