Wednesday 5 August 2015

Cakes Decor and Tools,tools,tools !!!




Hi,
I finally got round to put my cake pictures up on Cakes Decor.I just looove the site,I never really knew how much  I would love it,and the people on it are so lovely,I could feel the warmth from them.
I had signed on since March but never did anything on it and had simply forgotten,then I searched for cake tutorials online then Cakes Decor popped up.I registered and it told me already registered.

The site is full of so much to see and do,it's a treasure trove of information.
If I had known it was this good I would have gone on earlier,kudos to the members and the admin.

I had to pick my jaw off the ground at some of the cakes I saw there-AMAZING !!!!!!


The calibre of people there wow!!

TOOLS,TOOLS,TOOLS!!!

I am obsessed with tools as much if not more than I am with books.


If I read a blog post or I go on to Facebook and read about a tool a cake decorator mentions as good I'm all over it if I can afford it,I've been known to stretch myself on occasion ,and this is all in my quest to better myself on my cake journey,

I know that some tools you can do without but that's just me I guess.

I watched Shawna Mcgreevy of Mcgreevy cakes on Youtube,then I went to her tools page and went crazy.

OH MY GOD !!! I went berserk,the only thing which dampened my enthusiasm was the fact that I live in the UK and she lives in the US.

Some things could not be shipped to me and in some cases when they could the total bill to include taxes and postage was utterly ridiculous,to me anyway.

On Amazon UK some of the prices were outrageous and when I converted to dollars it made more and more sense to try America,right but I overlooked one major detail,where would it be delivered to?


When I saw how useful some things were however I just had to have them,case in point,the 6 wheel pastry cutter and the 10 inch edge scraper(for extended tier cakes).

I forgot who it was that mentioned Fatgirlcakes edge scraper then I read in Cakemasters magazine-the interview with Arizona based duo Sugar Sugar Cake Studio in which they mentioned it and that sealed the deal.

So a friend mentioned she was going on vacation to Ohio and fortunately for me another friend lived in the same city -Columbus,so I have ordered my things,will have them delivered to one friend and the other brings them back at the end of her holiday,Simple,


Here are pictures of my soon to be with me tools

I am soooo excited,it's as if I won the lottery.



That's my Fatgirl cakes scraper,I just love the fact it's got a wooden handle,the small one I have is all steel and does get quite messy.I just remembered where I first heard about it-it was a thread on Cake Central.


And here is my pastry cutter



This is from American Metal craft.I am so looking forward to its arrival,goodbye to wonky strips.




My shoe class update

Since my class with Rhu Strand.I have made another shoe this has given me more practise,



Here it is


















I had so much fun making this,I'm trying to decide what my next project should be !!

What do you think?

See you

Shols

No comments:

Post a Comment