Wednesday 24 June 2015

Gourmet cupcake class

Hi

So it was all the way from Dagenham to Chelmsford to learn how to make cupcakes on the original cupcake course.

I told you about my filled cupcake class at L'atelier des chef,The second class on my road trip which I booked on-line as well was at the Gourmet cupcake company in Chelmsford,it started at 10am and wrapped up around 3pm.

On arrival we were given recipe cards and we proceeded to bake the cakes from the recipes given to us,we had to be precise with our measurements.we were told our cakes would be better if our measurements were precise.

We made domed and flat top cakes by weighing out the amounts we put in the cases.While our cakes were cooking we made decorations from gum paste for our cakes-ribbons,buttons,we learnt how to use sugar craft tools.We made butter cream icing ,also how to  colour and flavour butter cream icing.
Our tutor taught us how to fill a piping bag and pipe butter cream swirls on to our delicious cupcakes.we also learnt how to make fondant to pour on our cupcakes.

You take home 12 pretty cupcakes in sturdy white boxes and get a certificate of participation,
If you decide to book another course on the day you get a discount and on the day of the course you can also buy items from the shop and get a 10% discount.

My verdict-a lovely shop,a lovely course,it was quite enlightening for me on my cake road-trip. Sorry I don't have more photos,






These are my cakes,pretty aren't they even if I say so myself.
Making the cupcakes have inspired me to make some more on my own
Those below I made at home after my two classes,


I will be writing about my next class and  you can  be the judge of my progress

See you

Shols.

No comments:

Post a Comment